Math 241 Section A: Midterm the second
- Tuesday, October 22 from 6:45–8:00pm. The exam
itself starts at 7:00, but please be there at 6:45 to
Where: It is the same as for the first exam, namely:
- 100 Gregory.
Go to 100 Gregory if your discussion section is any of:
- AD3: 3pm in 159 Altgeld with Ben Park
- ADA: 8am in 145 Altgeld with Marissa Miller
- ADB: 9am in 243 Altgeld with Marissa Miller
- 114 David Kinley Hall.
Go to 114 DKH if your discussion section is any of:
- AD2: 9am in 14 Illini with Grace Jaffe
- ADK: 9am in 113 Gregory with Harshit Yadav
- ADL: 10am in 331 Gregory with Harshit Yadav
- 141 Wohlers.
Go to 141 Wohlers if your discussion section is any of:
- ADH: 3pm in 141 Altgeld with Zhixing Guo
- ADI: 4pm in 443 Altgeld with Zhixing Guo
- ADM: 11am in 208 Ag Eng Sci with Qiang Wu
- ADN: 12pm in W115 Turner with Qiang Wu
- 100 Material Science Engineering Building.
Go to 100 MSEB if your discussion section is any of:
- ADC: 10am in 108 English with Elliot Kaplan
- ADD: 11am in 145 Altgeld with Elliot Kaplan
- 314 Altgeld.
Go to our regular classroom only if your discussion section is any of:
- AD1: 11am in 173 Altgeld with Kesav Krishnan
- ADE: 12pm in 215B David Kinley Hall with Abhra Kundu
- ADF: 1pm in 222 David Kinley Hall with Abhra Kundu
- ADG: 2pm in 343 Altgeld with Chaeryn Lee
- ADO: 1pm in 343 Altgeld with Chaeryn Lee
- The test is closed book and closed notes.
- No calculators, cell phones, or other
electronic devices. The time will be posted.
Special tutoring, office hour, and class schedule for October 21–25:
- Office hours: Monday from 2:30–4:00pm, Tuesday
from 8:30–10:30am in 378 Altgeld Hall. No office
hours Thursday or Friday.
- Tutoring Monday from 4-8pm, Tuesday 4-6pm, and Thursday
4-8pm, in 141 Altgeld Hall. No tutoring on Wednesday.
- Class on Monday and Friday as usual, but no class on
- Covers Sections 14.6–14.8, 13.1, 13.2 (through Example 4),
13.3 (through Example 2), 13.4 (through Example 2), and 16.1–16.3.
Problems will be similar to those on the HW and discussion
worksheets. Some will be straight computations, others will
be conceptual short answer questions, and others multiple
choice or true/false questions. Taken collectively, the HW
should be viewed as constituting a study guide for this exam.
Here are some old exams, with solutions.
Here are answers to some questions people frequently ask
about the covered material on the Piazza discussion forum:
Midterm 2 FAQ.
If you have a conflict with the exam time, please consult the
university policy on
evening midterm exams. Based on that, if you think your
situation qualifies you to take the conflict exam, please
fill out this webform
at least one week before the exam
date. The conflict exam will be held Wednesday, October
23 from 7:45–8:55am in 314 Altgeld (note that is in the
morning, not the evening).